So, so frustrating!
Targa Tasmania was going so well for car 806 until an unfortunate overtaking accident left made a mess of the car…
After all sorts of delays with available panels and parts, I finally got the car back here with only three weeks to get it ready for the event, Targa High Country. While the panel shop did an amazing job of straightening the shell out (everything fitted and wheel aligned / corner weighted perfectly); it wasn’t just a case of bolting it all back together. On top of the normal pre rally prep and a couple of upgrades, there was fire damage to the wiring loom, impact damage on every corner where every bracket and part needed replacing or repairing, as well as repairs to the engine and exhaust, crack testing and inspections for the gearbox and drivetrain.
We got through the job list in the limited time available. The car even had time to get a new wrap job and a test. Even the air conditioning was re-gassed! I finally caught up with some sleep thinking we did a pretty good job!
That was until I got a call from the event… After all that work and late nights – the fuel pump randomly decided it was time to stop working! It wasn’t even that old! So frustrating – who would have picked that to fail!